Saturday, February 20, 2010

Short Skirt, Not Very Long Jacket

When I was walking the dog before work a couple days ago, I saw a woman (but definitely not a lady) in her mid 20s who was walking to the L, apparently to go to work. She was wearing black pantyhose. I assume she was also wearing a skirt, but her jacket, which came down to just below the middle of her thigh, was completely covering any skirt. I bet she gets sexually harassed a lot, I thought.

Then, after I got off the train downtown, I saw a woman wearing a mini skirt and what I would describe as whorish nylons (not quite fishnets, but not regular hose). "I bet your vagina is pretty fucking cold," I screamed. I've seen other women with similar outfits. While it's not unbearably cold in the mornings, it's still under 30 degrees. I checked around and, much to my surprise, there is not a prostitute convention this week in Chicago. The Auto Show's at McCormick Place, though. Not relevant to this conversation, but it's something to think about.

Now, just so we're clear, I wholeheartedly support a woman's right to choose how she covers (or does not cover) her legs. I just find it fascinating that these women are more concerned with looking like sluts than they are with their physical well-being. "I might get frostbite, but at least I'll look hot when I do."

No comments: