Tuesday, December 22, 2015

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer: Samuel Adams Holiday Porter

The Samuel Adams winter sampler 12-pack is what gave me my love of winter beers.  When in college, I was too broke to drink much other than the standard light beers.  At Christmas each year, Santa would get me a Sam Adams winter sampler, and I would enjoy the hell out of the Winter Lager, Old Fezziwig Ale, and today's selection, the Holiday Porter.  It's a delicious, malty, caramely, English style porter.  It's especially delicious tonight, since I am officially done with work for the rest of the year, and I'm sitting on my couch watching Christmas Vacation not even caring about the fact that it's after eleven o'clock on a weeknight and I'm not yet in bed.  Happy Winter Solstice, indeed, motherfuckers.

Name:  Samuel Adams Holiday Porter
Brewery:  The Boston Beer Company
Location:  Boston, Massachusetts
ABV: 5.8%
IBU:  40
Good for drinking if:  you couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant.
Rating (out of 5 stars):  4.25 stars

No comments: