Tuesday, December 29, 2015

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer: Greenbush Jadis

Today was a day off, yet a busy day, as I assembled some shelves, took down the ornaments and lights from the Festivus pole, and watched Empire Strikes Back with Daughter and Lollipop.  I wish I would have been recording Daughter's face when she found out that Darth Vader was Luke's father.  It was a combination of incredulity, surprise, and confusion.  "Why did he wait all this time to tell Luke he's his dad?!"  "I don't know," I responded, which I thought was better than "Because it wouldn't make for a good trilogy if we find out before the end of the second movie."  Tomorrow or Thursday, we're going to watch Return of the Jedi.  I wonder if the confusion will be the same when they find out Leia is Luke's sister.  "But she kissed him on the mouth?!"  I know.  Anyway, tonight's beer is Greenbush's Jadis.  It's a winter white ale, which can be a nice change of pace from the usually dark, heavy winter beer.  Greenbush is another one of those good southwestern Michigan breweries, and they have a rule that they won't make any beer with less than 6% ABV.  I can respect that.  Even though it's not your typical winter ale, Jadis is full of spices, like clove, cardamon, ginger, and orange zest.  It's definitely an easy one to drink while you're watching college football on a cold winter's night.

Name:  Jadis
Brewery:  Greenbush Brewing Company
Location:  Sawyer, Michigan
ABV:  6.1%
IBU:  20
Good for drinking if:  you want a beer that you can break out early in a party, then hide for a while, and then break it out again later in the night, solely because it will allow you to make a "Return of the Jadis" joke, because the groans will be worth it
Rating (out of 5 stars):  4 stars

No comments: