Thursday, December 10, 2015

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer: Schlafly Christmas Ale

Did you guys know there's a Saint Louis?  Neither did I until today, when I flew to his city via air coach for a quick day trip to see my beltless raincoat distributor.  Upon my return to the airport, I had an hour or so to kill, so I found myself sitting belly up at the Schlafly Bar, where I consumed the Schlafly Christmas Ale.  While the name may not roll off the tongue, their beer is good.  The Christmas Ale packs a punch (8%) and tastes a little boozier than a lot of other winter beers, but not in a bad way.  It also has a good amount of spices and holiday flavors, like orange peel, ginger, and cloves.  All in all, it's a nice strong winter warmer.

Name:  Schlafly Christmas Ale
Brewery:  The Saint Louis Brewery
Location:  St. Louis, Missouri
ABV: 8.0%
IBU:  30
Good for drinking if:  you find yourself in Concourse E in Lambert International Airport on a Thursday afternoon and want something to make you feel like you're sitting by a nice warm fire instead of some pharma sales rep on his cell phone and laptop.
Rating (out of 5 stars):  4.25 stars

No comments: