Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Tattoo on the Silver Mountain

We've all seen plenty of online slideshows of bad tattoos.  (I'm not sure why I said "online," since I find it highly unlikely that anyone has taken a bunch of photographs of bad tattoos and then had the negatives made into slides and then shown them to you on what I assume is the only remaining slide projector on Earth.  (I suppose I also could have just deleted "online" to save you the hassle of reading these past two parenthetical sentences, but it's important to me to work things out on paper, especially after I've made a mistake.  (I have no idea why I said "paper" in that last sentence.  So we're clear, I don't handwrite blog posts out on processed wood pulp and then transcribe them into Blogger.)))  

But every now and then, you see a tattoo and you say to yourself, "This would make you a better person, a better lover, a better husband, a better father, and, above all, a better concert-goer."  Someone has gotten a tattoo of late metal legend Ronnie James Dio -- the man who brought the devil horns to rock and roll -- making devil horns.  BUT THE DEVIL HORNS ARE THE GUY'S OWN FINGERS, such that whenever his guy makes devil horns, it appears that Dio is throwing up some horns.  Holy diver!  Just click on the link (thanks to Daniel for sending it to me) to see what I mean.  

No comments: