Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Livin's Great With a .38

Not much going on here today, except for the fact that I'm kickin' it old school by wearing a totally sweet skinny Kaiser Chiefs tie. Not only do I think I'm probably only one of 2 or 3 people in my office who knows who the Kaiser Chiefs are (and therefore, I shan't be called out for wearing band merch to work), but I'm certain I have the skinniest tie in the office today. I just thought of a great book title: Skinny Ties and Big Fat Lies: Corporate Culture in the 1980s. Where's T. Boone Pickens when you need him?

Something I found intriguing is a website Greg Bohmann sent to me that estimates your BAC based on weight, gender, type of drink, number of drinks, and time period (it assumes even consumption over the time period). It's called the Drink Wheel (http://www.intox.com/wheel/drinkwheel.asp), and it's easily an afternoon's worth of fun (incidentally, it will be a permanent fixture in the Links here at GMYH). When taking into account the 27 light beers I consumed at 30 in 8, according to the site, I was worth about 5 DUIs, and I was a beer away from the comatose/death level. Yet somehow I never lost consciousness (dignity, yes--consciousness, no). Take that John Bonham!!

Jessie and I are having an Oktoberfest party this Saturday. All I have to drink is 19 pints of German beer to equal my 27 cans of Keystone Light. Done and done (just kidding sweetheart). Anywho, it should be a great time. How can you go wrong with weiss bier, bratwurst, streusel, and pretzels? Then again we are talking about the Germans. It can go horribly wrong. I just hope no one convinces everyone else to take over my neighbors' apartment.

2 comments:

GMYH said...

I love ads dating personal russian related stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Boris keep you lame dating scene to yourself!!!!


Spring