Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Work Sucks. Football Doesn't.

Turns out the worst thing about taking a week off of work is coming back and trying to make up a week's worth of work in 3 days. As you can see from this picture, I am overjoyed at the fact that I got to the office before dawn, with a post-dusk departure a likely possibility. I guess that's what I get for having my grandma die and then trying to drink Lake Michigan in four days. The only thing keeping me from eating my highlighter is knowing that college football has already started (and IU is undefeated--holla!). Plus the NFL is starting tomorrow night (so the Bears are also currently undefeated--holla!).

Holy shit, I just remembered that The OC starts tomorrow night. If I wasn't such a lazy bastard, I would take and post another picture of myself with a shit-eating grin bigger than when Kirsten Cohen gets all soused up on Absolut and thinks about getting a mustache ride from Carter Buckley. I can't wait for the moment when Ryan looks at some baby and realizes it's his. Talk about a moment when they should play that line from "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You" by Heart where she's like "imagine his surprise when he saw his own eyes." Teresa better hope Ryan's in a good mood. Man, football and The OC. This isn't a bad week after all.

Actually, now that I think about it, this might be one of the better weeks of this young millennium. I'm going to the White Stripes concert in Indy on Friday night (I still have 2 extra tickets available for face value for anyone who wants to go), and then I'm heading down to B-town for the weekend, which will include a possible IU football game against Nicholls State, a 1-AA opponent (which means that IU should win by at least 6 points). This is, of course, assuming that Nicholls State still plays (they are from Thibodaux, Louisiana, 60 miles west of the inaptly nicknamed Big Easy). IU wants to win this game so bad we've agreed to pay for their transportation up to Bloomington. Come on Nicholls State, we need this one! Wee Wee, I will be tailgating before the IU game, even if there is no game. Let me know if you're going down Friday or Saturday.

Talk about a metamorphasis of Buffalo-Bill-from-Silence-of-the-Lambs-esque proportions. Just 13 minutes ago, I was ready to eat a highlighter, and now I'm happier than a stripper on pay day. Shit, I'm giddy enough to work through the night. Hell, I might even skin a few fat chicks and make it official.

No comments: