Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Scaring Kids is Fun

Last night, as predicted, Jessie "I Don't Like Halloween" LeMar, Holt "I Love" Hedrick, "MastiKate" Rohrer, and I went over to La Casa Belanger to scare some kids. I had a black robe and hood on, and I painted my face like a skeleton. Not just any skeleton, though. The kind of skeleton who eats innocent children after knocking them unconscious with a baseball bat. We had a nice system set up. When trick-or-treaters would come to the front door, Jamie or Amy would let me know if the kids were old enough to be scared (my cut-off was 4 1/2). If so, I would run out the back door, building to a full sprint by the time I got to the front. When I got within 10 feet or so, I would let out a menacing yell and raise the baseball bat I was holding.

The reactions ranged from pure terror to ouright contempt to simple laughter. A couple kids really freaked out. Nothing is quite as priceless as the reaction of a 6-year-old who thinks some grim-reaper-lookin' dude running full speed is going to knock his/her head off with a bat. One kid, who looked like he was around 8 or 9, started screaming and sprinting across the lawn toward the next house. Meanwhile, his mom was laughing her ass off until she was out of earshot. A girl who looked about the same age cowered in fear and then defiantly told me, "Stop doing that!" One kid, who was probably about 10 or 11, said, "Good one," and then gave me a pity scream after he noticed how dejected I was when I didn't scare him. All in all a good time.

I had yet another fucked up dream last night. I was walking down a street here in Dayton (Brown St., right in front of BW-3, for those Daytonians who want a point of reference), and who the fuck do I see being interviewed across the street but Pat Knight. Yes, the same Pat Knight who is a former IU basketball player, current Texas Tech assistant coach, and current son of Bob Knight. He's kind of a dick in real life, but he was even worse in my dream. So he's being interviewed and he's talking about how his main loyalties lie with Texas Tech and Ohio State (where Bob went). This didn't sit well with me, so I yell something along the lines of, "I'm pretty sure your degree says Indiana University, jackass!" So then, Pat, the TV reporter, and the camera man come over to me and start talking shit. Pat was going on about how he works at Texas Tech, and I kept reminding him that he went to IU. Eventually it came to fisticuffs, although I woke up before I could figure out if my totally sweet illegal ninja moves caused any sort of hemorrhaging.

Fantasy Update:
-Corn Hole'ers (1976 Tampa Bay Bucs): 3-5 (T 5th of 8, 3 games out)
-FIC You (Car Ramrod): 1-7 (10th of 10, 5 games out)
-Glenview Gridiron (Angry Pirates): 5-2 (T 1st of 12)
-League of Extraordinary Gents (Angry Pirates): 4-4 (T 5th of 10, 1 game out)
-Pigskin 2005 Pick 'Em (Angry Pirates): T 5th of 17 (T 7th last week)

No comments: