Tuesday, July 29, 2008

GMYH All-Decade All-Time All-Stars

So now that I've bored the shit out of you with my all-star songs for each decade, you are no doubt asking, "What the shit, GMYH? Fuck the decades -- and you. How about your all-time favorites? I hate you with every fiber of my being." That's fair, so here you go:

All-Time First Team
Happiness is a Warm Gun by The Beatles ('60s)
Bring It On Home to Me by Sam Cooke ('60s)
Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard ('80s)
Rocket Queen by Guns N' Roses ('80s)
When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin ('70s)

All-Time Second Team
Ziggy Stardust by David Bowie ('70s)
Fuck Tha Police by NWA ('80s)
Can't You Hear Me Knocking by The Rolling Stones ('70s)
Plush by Stone Temple Pilots ('90s)
Offend in Every Way by The White Stripes ('00s)

All-Time Third Team
I Believe In a Thing Called Love by The Darkness ('00s)
One Rainy Wish by The Jimi Hendrix Experience ('60s)
Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen ('70s)
Heroin by The Velvet Underground ('60s)
10 A.M. Automatic by The Black Keys ('00s)

All-Time Honorable Mention (limiting it to 10 songs because otherwise it would be all the rest)
In My Life by The Beatles ('60s)
Anyday by Derek & The Dominos ('70s)
Peace Frog by The Doors ('70s)
There Goes My Baby by The Drifters ('50s)
Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye ('70s)
Hey Ya! by OutKast ('00s)
I've Got Dreams to Remember by Otis Redding ('60s)
Be My Baby by The Ronettes ('60s)
Sweet Jane by The Velvet Underground ('70s)
Baba O'Riley by The Who ('70s)

So there you have it. I'll spare you the mix tape, since you've heard them all before.

No comments: