Saturday, July 19, 2008

We Can Be Heroes

Have you ever looked at a lawyer's web bio and thought, "That sonofabitch is my hero"? No? Neither have I. Seriously though, as a lawyer, I can say with conviction that no lawyer should ever be your hero. Ever. Our lives are wrought with nothing but long hours, unnecessarily high student loans, and broken dreams. Most of the time I feel like Mick Mars looks. There is nothing -- nothing -- good about being a lawyer, except for maybe the paycheck, most of which goes to pay off the aforementioned unnecessarily high student loan bills and concomitant alcohol dependency. I pretty much assumed we all sucked. Until now. Holt sent me a link to a bio of a lawyer in Denver named Kevin Gliwa. He is now my hero. If I am ever in a position to refer work to someone in Denver, rest assured it will be to him, even if it doesn't match his practice areas or he doesn't want it. I need a beer.

No comments: