Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New Book - Rogue Warrior by Richard Marcinko

I finished Reckless Road: Guns N' Roses and the Making of Appetite for Destruction by Marc Canter about a month ago, but I have been scraping by reading the Red Eye every morning on the train while I figured out what I was going to read next. Reckless Road is a definite must for any Guns N' Roses fan. As I previously explained, the book chronicles GNR's rise to fame and making of Appetite for Destruction through first-hand accounts by band members and those close to them. Good photos, good story, Good God. The only possible flaw with the book was that it was in need of some editing for typos and grammatical errors. I will go ahead and volunteer myself for that task.

I recently started reading Rogue Warrior by Richard Marcinko, which came recommended and borrowed from Australian Andrew. Marcinko is a former Navy SEAL and apparently a rogue, who helped create SEAL Team Six, an elite Navy counterterrorism unit. The book is an autobiographical account of various badass missions and such. So far it's pretty interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guy wanted me to let you know he has a few books out, all very good.