Sunday, March 08, 2009

Thorsiris

Everyone knows that my second-born son will be named Leon. Well, I've now found a name for my first-born son. Jester and I went to Rocks this afternoon for some lunch and to watch the MVC championship game with Alex and the Anonymous Wife of Alex (who is an Illinois State grad). ISU's star guard is named Osiris Eldrige. Osiris, of course, was (and probably still is) the Egyptian god of the dead. I thought that was a pretty badass name. Can you imagine his first day of kindergarten when some stupid classmate asks him, "Osiris? What does that mean?" And then his answer, as he stares into the other kid's soul, is "God of the dead." But I've also always thought Thor would be a pretty cool name, so why not Osiris as a first name and Thor as a middle name? Thor, of course, is the keeper of the hammer of the gods.

But then, I thought of an even more badass name: Thorsiris. No middle name, no last name. Just Thorsiris. The hammer of the god of death.

3 comments:

udgirl77 said...

kind of sounds like psoriasis. god of death or chronic flaky red skin... pretty much the same i guess.

Anonymous said...

SOunds like someone's a little jealous.

Anonymous said...

http://www.emulsioncompulsion.com/2008/09/03/rants/what-rimes-with-psoriasis-why-leann-of-course