Thursday, October 01, 2009

Rocktober!

Happy October, you pagan sons of bitches! (No offense if your mom's not a female dog.) The greatest month of the year is officially upon us. Seriously though, October rocks. In the next 31 days, we get to experience the following: five college football Saturdays, the MLB playoffs, the beginning of Scorpio, the NHL and NBA season debuts, Bravo's Top 100 Scariest Movie Moments, All Hallows Eve, and my 32nd birthday. Okay, so all but one of those is a good thing.

By now, it should come as no surprise to you that I love word combinations. One of my favorite combinations is that of rock and October, especially given the fact that October does, in fact, rock. I also think "gunt" is pretty funny.

Anyway, to honor this most blessed of months and most blessed of word combinations, I am going to try my damnedest to listen to a different rock album every day (or, I should say, every weekday I am in town and thus able to listen to music at work and blog about it that evening) and sing its praises on this here blog, with the overriding goal being that you, my beloved readers, might feel the same about Rocktober as I do. I will lean towards hard rock, but genres will vary. Some albums will be well-known, and some will be less well-known. But no matter what, everything will, in fact, rock.

So, in the coming weeks, check back every day for an album that rocks.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Yea! Glad there is another October kid out there!! you are right october does rock! But Libras are cooler ;)