Thursday, October 24, 2013

BAM!: Prologue and Cast of Characters

It's been about three weeks since I returned from BAM! –- the clever acronym I have devised for my trip to Brussels, Amsterdam, and Munich.

While I continue to eagerly await gather photographic evidence from others who attended (and who are willing to share), I would not be able to live with myself if I left you empty handed and if I didn't build some anticipation. 

Below is a list of those who participated in BAM! and a brief biography of each.  While the numbers are not as high as they were in Oktoberfests past, the per capita vigor was just as strong.  We spent 8 nights and 9 days destroying our livers, consuming fries topped with mayonnaise, and creating memories that would last a daytime. Over the next few weeks, I'll be doing a day-by-day recap of the trip.  If nothing else, it should encourage you to do every single thing we did.  Anywho, here's who went on the trip: 

GMYH.  You know me.  I'm the horse-raping miscreant whose blog you read.  One time I ran a 4.4 40 in sandals.  Prove that I didn't.  Sometimes I let my hair grow out for your amusement.







Bonham.  Bonham and I have been friends for about 28 years, despite his increasingly adamant belief that "the world would be better off if we were all eunuchs."  His squeaky clean reputation and hairless-from-the-neck-down body hide a dark secret:  a pagoda fetish.




Gregerson.  The guy likes to ride lions.  That's all you need to know.








Colleen.  Gregerson's betrothed, Colleen boldly agreed to come on the trip, despite the fact that she was the only female and has a paralyzing fear of Flemish people.  She is an outspoken gingers' rights activist.

Daniel.  An ad man by day and a crooner by night, Daniel is your stereotypical lowland Venezuelan shaman.  Throughout the trip, he sang "Sister Christian" hourly, even in his sleep.

Chandler.  The consummate traveler, Chandler knows how to say "please," "thank you," and "doggy style" in 19 different languages, including Sanskrit, "because you never know."  He has not been home on his birthday since 2005.  On a related note, he has been homeless since 2005.


In the next episode:  our triumphant arrival in Brussels; the worst/best museum in the world; Delirium

No comments: