Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Rocktober Video #2: "I Need to Know" by Runner and The Thermodynamics

Back before Marc Pinansky was the front man for Township (the Boston-based hard rock band that I have touted many times on this here blog), he was fronting Runner and The Thermodynamics, another Boston-based hard rock band.  I can't remember how I discovered Runner back in early 2004 (I think it might have been a blurb in Rolling Stone), but I went to their website and saw some videos of their live shows, and what I saw was pure rock awesomeness.  The band just shredded.  At one point, drummer Roger Knight even lost his drumsticks and just kept hammering away with his fists.  Thankfully, there are still a couple early Runner shows available on YouTube.

This one is a cover of Tom Petty's "I Need to Know," performed in Providence in 2002.  The band tears through the song and then goes apeshit on their instruments, Who style.  You may need to log into YouTube to watch the video because for some reason YouTube has listed this as age-restricted.  Because kids can't cope with awesomeness?  Anyway, log in and prepare to be blown away.

No comments: