Friday, October 11, 2013

Rocktober Videos #8-9: "Animal" by W.A.S.P. and "Live Wire" Mötley Crüe

Many apologies for not posting a Rocktober video yesterday.  Judging by the volume of emails and telegrams I have received, you were hurt, angry, and, in one case, unhealthily horny.  To make up for my misgivings, I'll post two videos today.  Given that it's Hair Band Friday, I'm flying to the epicenter of the hair band genre as we speak, and I may very well be on the Sunset Strip tonight, it seems extremely fitting that I post two videos by Sunset Strip bands.

The first is one of Tipper Gore's favorites, "Animal (F**k Like a Beast)" by W.A.S.P. from a 1984 show in London, which, coincidentally (but not ironically), was the name of the infamous revolving-door LA glam metal band for which W.A.S.P. frontman Blackie Lawless briefly played bass, before leaving to form W.A.S.P.  Coincidentally (but not ironically), the man Lawless replaced in London was Nikki Sixx, who, of course, left London to form Mötley Crüe, which, coincidentally (but not ironically), is the band featured in the second video.

No comments: