Thursday, October 24, 2013

Rocktober Video #18: "Kings Highway" by Scorpion Child

I'm still pretty psyched about the fact that we are now in the month of Scorpio, so before we get into the Halloween-themed videos, I will give you another Scorpio-themed one.  This one is from Austin-based Scorpion Child, a great up-and-coming hard rock band whose lead singer, Aryn Jonathan Black, happens to be a cousin of my buddy Alex.  The band released their self-titled debut album earlier this year, and it is a hard-hitting blast of '70s-inspired rock and roll.  Get it if you like music made with balls, not synthesizers.  Unfortunately, I missed them when they rolled through Chicago earlier this year, but I hope to catch them next time they're in town.  Anyway, "Kings Highway" is the first track off of their album.  It has a definite Zeppelin feel to it.  This version is live from the Good Music Club.  Enjoy.

No comments: