Thursday, October 03, 2013

Rocktober Video #3: KISS Live at The Summit 1977

If there is a better live band in the history of rock and roll than KISS, I'd like to see them in concert.  Pyrotechnics, smoke, spitting blood, spewing fire, smoking guitars.  KISS revolutionized the concert-going experience, and has been wowing stadium-sized audiences for nearly 40 years.  Whether you like the band or not (and obviously, I do), you can't dispute that they put on one hell of a rock and roll show.

Here they are at their peak, during the Love Gun tour, back on September 2, 1977 at The Summit in Houston, less than two months before I was born and less than six months until I myself would be in Houston, so I missed the show.  Thanks, Mom.  Anyway, this is a solid show.  They banter well with the crowd, they run around the stage, and, of course, they tear it up, particularly Ace.  That man could (and still can) play a solo.  Check out the end of "Shock Me" (about the 30:20 mark) to see what I'm talking about.

No comments: