Thursday, October 03, 2013

Terrible Fans and Marty McKnight

In the last couple weeks, some good people have sent me some good links.

The first was sent to me by Tradd, and it provides you with 31 Reasons It's Perfectly Acceptable to Hate Notre Dame.  Only 31?

The second was also sent to me by Tradd, and it is part of a series on Out Kick the Coverage identifying the Ten Dumbest Fan Bases in America.  Number 3 is Ohio State fans.  (The top two spots have not yet been revealed, but Kentucky basketball fans have to be number one.)  Having lived in Dayton for nearly three years, I can tell you that this assessment is spot-on.  I kid you not, within a month of living in Dayton, a middle-aged co-worker (who did not go to Ohio State, mind you) and I engaged in the following conversation:
Her:  "Are you an Ohio State fan yet?"
Me:  "No, I went to Indiana."
Her:  "But you live in Ohio now."
Me:  "Yes, but I went to Indiana, another Big Ten school.  Also, I grew up in Illinois, but I'm not an Illinois fan."
Her:  "But you live in Ohio now."
This moronic mentality permeates that state.  It's exhausting.

The third was a blog article called Things Parents Hate: Caillou.  I don't think I've ever met a parent who likes Caillou -- a cartoon aimed at impressionable children age five and under.  I could write my own "Shit I Hate" about Caillou, but this article sums everything up perfectly.  That whiny little French-Canadian bastard is a cancer on the development of well-behaved toddlers.  Before watching him, Daughter didn't whine.  After watching him, she whines.  Because Caillou teaches children that whining is productive.  It has gotten to the point where I refuse to let my kids watch Caillou, and I outright tell them, "You can't watch Caillou because I hate Caillou."

And finally, The Weez sent me this sweet mash-up of the Knight Rider intro and Back to the Future.

No comments: