Friday, October 18, 2013

Rocktober Video #14: Def Leppard "Live: In the Round, In Your Face"

Back in the late '80s, Def Leppard brought the concert-going experience to a new level with its innovative in-the-round stage.  Rather than the typical stage at one end of an arena, Def Leppard put their stage in the center and played 360 degrees to the audience.  I was lucky enough to see them in the round on the Adrenalize tour in 1992, but needless to say, I would have loved to have seen them on the Hysteria tour when Steve Clark was still alive.

In 1989, the band released a concert video called "Live: In the Round, In Your Face," featuring footage from the Hysteria tour in 1987 and 1988.  My buddy Weez and I watched this on VHS many times back in the day, but I probably haven't seen it in at least 20 years.  That's why I am posting the entire video.  Here is the set list, which is predictably fantastic:

1. Stagefright
2. Rock! Rock! (Till You Drop)
3. Women
4. Too Late For Love
5. Hysteria
6. Gods Of War
7. Die Hard The Hunter
8. Bringin' On The Heartbreak
9. Foolin'
10. Armageddon It
11. Animal
12. Pour Some Sugar On Me
13. Rock Of Ages
14. Photograph


And now here's one of my favorite bands on the top of their game.  Something to note is that, beneath that stage, all sorts of depraved sexual acts would be occurring before, during, and after the concert.

No comments: