Monday, October 14, 2013

Rocktober Video #10: "Cowboy Song" by Thin Lizzy

Thin Lizzy has to be one of the most underrated bands in rock history.  I really don't know how these guys weren't bigger outside of the UK and Ireland.  Instead of preaching, I'm just going to give you some vintage Thin Lizzy, playing one of my favorite songs by the group, "Cowboy Song."  It's a great example of the twin lead guitar sound that was the band's hallmark, and the song has not one, but two, phenomenal guitar solos.  I've been called a generous lover, and for good reason.  There are two live versions I really liked, so I'm giving you both.  The first is live at the Rainbow in London in 1978, and it is truer to the album version of the song.  The second is live at Rockpalast in Germany in 1981, and, while it takes some liberties compared to the album version, lead singer Phil Lynott has some good back and forth with the crowd.

No comments: