Tuesday, February 28, 2006

GMYH Health Update: Week 6

After six weeks (actually seven, but I combined two of them into one when I was out of town for 5 days) on the Abs Diet, I have completed the program. The weight loss was good. The fat loss leaves something to be desired, but I'm still adjusting my eating habits. I think that anyone who does this will lose weight. Like anything, you have to stick to it, which I wasn't always able to do (going away for the weekend kind of kills your ability to control your eating options and your ability to work out). A lot of people may think that they can't lose weight, but shit, if I can lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks, so can you. Just make the time to work out (the Abs Diet workouts are only 30 minutes a day) and put effort into what you eat, and you can probably lose a lot more than 10 pounds. Think about this stat: it only takes 1.8% of your week to work out 30 minutes a day for 6 days each week. You can do it before work, at lunch, after work, or in the middle of the night if you're a vampire. Once you start working out regularly, it becomes a regular part of your life and you don't come up with BS excuses not to go to the gym.

One of the nice things about the Abs Diet is that it doesn't just hang you out to dry after those initial six weeks. It gives you a "maintenance" workout plan (4 days a week instead of 5-6), and explains that you should still maintain the same eating habits (which isn't hard, since you eat most of the stuff the book says to eat anyway, and you're used to it by this time anyway), although instead of getting one meal a week to eat whatever you want, you get one day a week to eat whatever you want. Supposedly, if you continue doing this, you will maintain your current weight. I still have a couple more pounds I want to lose, certainly more fat that I want to lose, and I want to get my BMI into the "normal weight" range, which is between 18.5 and 24.9 (which means I have to get down to 168.9 pounds). So I'm going to still limit myself to one meal a week of anything I want, rather than one whole day, and I'm going to try to workout 5 times a week instead of 4 until I get to my desired weight/fat%/BMI.

Anyway, here are the final vitals:

Weight:
Start: 182.8
Week 1: 179.4 (-3.4)
Week 2: 177.4 (-2.0)
Week 3: 176.4 (-1.0)
Week 4: 174.6 (-1.8)
Week 5: 173.4 (-1.2)
Week 6: 172.6 (-0.8)
Total Difference = -10.2

BMI:
Start: 27.0
Week 1: 26.5 (-0.5)
Week 2: 26.2 (-0.3)
Week 3: 26.0 (-0.2)
Week 4: 25.8 (-0.2)
Week 5: 25.6 (-0.2)
Week 6: 25.5 (-0.1)
Total Difference = -1.5

Body Fat:
Start: 25.6%
Week 1: 24.8% (-0.8)
Week 2: 24.4% (-0.4%)
Week 3: 24.4% (--)
Week 4: 24.2% (-0.2%)
Week 5: 23.7% (-0.5%)
Week 6: 23.5% (-0.2%)
Total Difference = -2.1%

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how does the girth burger fit into this

GMYH said...

That would be my one meal a week where I can eat whatever I want. That meal also included late night pizza two nights in a row.

Anonymous said...

touche

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Great blog you've got going here. If you would like to add any comments on little britain fancy dress in my blog then feel free.

Thanks Again