Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Thai'ing It All Together

I know I said I wasn't going to post anything until tomorrow's Midwestern Eavesdropping (sumbit your hilarious eavesdroppings to gmyhblog@yahoo.com), but I couldn't resist making one small and meaningless comment on the whole situation in Thailand. In case you haven't heard, on Tuesday night, the commander of the Thai army led a coup, dismissing the Prime Minister, Thaksin Shinawatra, who was out of the country (well played, by the way).

My only concern is that I haven't seen any headlines that take advantage of the situation by using hilariously crafted puns and the like. For instance, I expected to see any of the following (but have not):
  • Tensions are Thaight Following Coup
  • Bang-cocked and Loaded, Army Commander Spearheads Coup
  • Thaime is Up for PM Thaksin
  • "(Shina)Watra Fuck?" Asks Thai Leader
  • Ousted PM is Thaksing His Time Getting Back to Homeland
  • Coup is Thaksing On Ousted PM's Spirits
  • "No Thaks" Says Thai Army Commander to Prime Minister
  • One Night In Bangkok and The World's Your Ouster

These headlines serve to illustrate one of the many reasons why a career in journalism will elude me.

No comments: