Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A-Z CDs - Day 30

250. Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales (last listen: 2-5 years) - Good mellow acoustic album. "Bubble Toes" is my favorite song from it.
251. Robert Johnson - The Complete Recordings (last listen: 2-5 years) - These 41 songs are the entire recorded catalogue of the King of the Delta Blues. Robert Johnson's influence on rock and roll goes without saying at this point, but even a facial look at the titles on this CD show his influence, given the number of artists who have covered his songs (too numerous to name, but they include Clapton, Led Zeppelin, The White Stripes, and The Rolling Stones). It's just a damn shame he was poisoned at age 27, thus becoming the first member of the infamous 27 Club (now featuring, among others, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Brian Jones, and Kurt Cobain). Speaking of the 27 Club . . .
252. Janis Joplin - Greatest Hits (last listen: 1-2 years) - In my opinion, the best voice (male or female) in rock and roll history.
253. Kaiser Chiefs - Employment (last listen: 3 months to 1 year)
254. Kaiser Chiefs - Yours Truly, Angry Mob (last listen: 0-3 months)
255. KC & The Sunshine Band - Greatest Hits (last listen: 5+ years) - The first (but not last) disco album in the A-Z CD Extravaganza, this one features the band's many hits. Needless to say, today at work I had on my my my my my boogie shoes.
256. The Killers - Hot Fuss (last listen: 3 months to 1 year)

No comments: