Monday, June 25, 2007

A-Z CDs - Day 34

283. Led Zeppelin - Box Set Disc 4 (last listen: 2-5 years) - Again, thanks to Jessie's inability to lock the passenger-side door on a 1989 Acura Integra, this is now my only source for most of the songs on this CD. I do quite enjoy the song "Houses of the Holy," which ironically doesn't appear on the album Houses of the Holy.
284. Len - Feelin' Alright (single) (last listen: never) - I got this free from some record company promotion at my fraternity long ago. I'm not clear why there was someone there giving away random free CD and tape singles, but there was. Too bad it wasn't "Steal My Sunshine."
285. John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band (last listen: 0-3 months) - In my opinion, the second best solo Beatle album behind George Harrison's All Things Must Pass.
286. John Lennon - Imagine (last listen: 1-2 years) - In addition to the title track, I'm a fan of "Gimme Some Truth."
287. John Lennon - The John Lennon Collection (last listen: 2-5 years) - "Instant Karma" and "Watching the Wheels" are my favorite two on this CD, and possibly my favorite overall John Lennon solo songs.
288. Huey Lewis & The News - Time Flies: The Best Of (last listen 2-5 years) - I always forget that I have this CD. My only knock is that it does not include "Back In Time," "Hip to Be Square," or "Jacob's Ladder." Any of these could have been included over their cover of The Impressions' "It's All Right."
289. Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz - Kings of Crunk (last listen: 2-5 years) - I bought this pretty much just for "Get Low." I also mistook the title of another song on the album for a Ying Yang Twins song that I wanted, so that was a bit of a letdown. I'm also confused as to why half of the songs are rap and hip hop, while half are R&B songs sung by a woman. "Wwwwhhhhaaattt!" Unfortunately, I had to keep my door closed when I listened to it, since I don't think lines like "pussy-ass n---s, get the fuck out the club!" wouldn't go over well. No worries, though, because I just got crunk alone.
290. Lit - Atomic (last listen: 3 months to 1 year) - I bought this for something like $1 when the K-Mart by my mom's house went out of business, and it turned out to be a well-spent dollar. This album is the follow-up to A Place in the Sun (which featured "My Own Worst Enemy"), and it's full of catchy, pop punk. "Something to Someone," "Addicted," "Everything's Cool," "Sunny Weather," and "She Comes" are my favorite songs off the album.
291. Live - Throwing Copper (last listen: 5+ years) - "Lightning Crashes" is my favorite song that discusses placenta. "Selling the Drama," "I Alone," and "All Over You" are good too, although none discusses placenta.

No comments: