Sunday, January 17, 2010

Embarrassed

Less than a week ago, I lambasted Clemson's student body for rushing the court after beating North Carolina, and I re-posted the rules for court rushing. In the last week, I have had an inordinate number of hits from Bloomington. Apparently no one paid attention. I have never been more embarrassed by the IU student section than I was today. They rushed the venerable Branch McCracken Court at Assembly Hall after the Hoosiers blew a giant lead in regulation and managed to hold off unranked Minnesota in overtime, bringing IU into a tie for 7th place in the Big Ten. This is probably the first time anyone has ever rushed the court after beating Minnesota. As Holt angrily texted me, "Worst court storming in B10 history." He is right. Sweet Jesus, people. I know you haven't been there during your tenure, but act like you have. Look up at those five banners, and stay in your goddamn seats. You're better than that. As Can Can said, "Those students should get nothing but balcony seats until they graduate." I would go one step further and request expulsion.

1 comment:

RDC said...

This was linked off Deadspin. You two should probably get together on this.

http://detroit4lyfe.com/articles/michigan-wolverines/michigan-beats-no-15-uconn-fans-storm-the-court.html