Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Shit I Hate: Perfume

(No Tuesday Top Ten this week because I don't have the damn time.)

Women, when are you going to realize that guys hate perfume? (I realize the problem may lie in the fact that no guy is going to tell his significant other that he hates the way she smells.) Other than a few homeless women and a few morbidly obese women (like over four bills), I don't think I've ever come across a woman who smelled bad. Women generally use soaps, shampoos, and lotions that are inoffensive to the sense of smell. Yet so many women decide to undo all that by masking their perfectly pleasant scent with perfume. It's unnecessary, and frankly, women, you run certain risks by doing so. If you have too much perfume on, all you will do is ward off men. Even if you're not wearing too much, you run the risk that the perfume reminds a guy of some woman he hates, or his ex-girlfriend, or, worst of all, his mother.

Whatever strippers wear -- Broken Dreams by Calvin Klein, I believe -- is what every woman should wear. Both sides win. For the woman, smelling like a stripper will not only attract your man to you, but also dull some of the exotic appeal to strip clubs. For the guy, if your clothes reek like stripper perfume, you have an out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Generally I think you're a genius, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I have had numerous men (and women) of all types (strangers, boyfriends, fathers, priests) comment on the way I smell and have had specific complaints from boyfriends when I fail to wear perfume (and obviously not because I stink but because the perfume is an aphrodisiac).