Saturday, January 16, 2010

Signs Your Wife Might Be a Moron

For the most part, I find Jester to be delightfully droll, fertile, and with an intelligence I'd rate as well above average. But about a half hour ago, she was none of these. Less than a minute after she walked out the door to go to a dentist's appointment (she's getting vampire caps), she comes barging in and exclaims, "The car won't go into gear!" Calmly, I closed out my Erin Esurance hentai, and asked "Did you push down the brake pedal?" She was not sure, so I put on some men's underwear, longjohns, an undershirt, a hunter green velour turtleneck, blue jeans, two boots, and a sensible coat. I followed Jester out to the car, where I watched her turn the car on, depress the brake pedal, and put the car into gear.

After we both had a good laugh, she went on her way, and I went back inside and made myself a mozzarella and andouille omelette, and then painted my face.

On another note, last night we went to Kith & Kin, a new restaurant/gastropub at 1119 W. Webster, along with Chenandler Bong and Lisa. It was excellent. They have excellent food and a really good beer list (not huge -- maybe 8-10 on tap and 15-20 in bottles -- but all of the beers are solid). For appetizers, they have these little crocks with spreads that come with crustini bread. We had a pork spread and a smoked trout spread that were excellent. For my main course, I had a bratwurst and bacon plate, with not-too-sour sauerkraut and red potatoes. It was really good. The bacon was actually about as thick as a pork chop. Just about everything on the menu is $15 or under, and it is munchkin-friendly. All in all, I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

didn't see you as much of the Chicken Liver Pate kind of guy...