Tuesday, December 01, 2020

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer: 2020 Edition

Well, folks, as we enter the last month of this dung-slathered year, at least we still have beer to drink while we shelter in place.  Winter is my favorite beer season because I love dark beers.  Like last year and several other prior years this decade, I will once again be engaging in a 24-day weight-gaining enterprise I call It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer -- a daily look at a different beers throughout December.

Like the last several years, I have a beer advent calendar.  Actually, I have two beer advent calendars.  Like last year, I bought the Costco German beer advent calendar, and like two years ago, I also got one from a local beer shop called Bottles & Cans.  It will be the latter that I'll be featuring on this year's edition of It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer.

As you can see, Bottles & Cans upped its beer advent calendar box game this year with this festive punch-hole box.
I don't know what's in store, but if it's like the advent calendar I bought from them two years ago, there will be beers in all different varieties, some of which I'll like a lot, and some of which I'll like less than a lot.

Like in years past, I'll report back to you via this here blog with a non-technical description of each beer and the following information:
-Name
-Brewery
-Location
-ABV (if available)
-IBU (if available)
-"Good for drinking if" comment
-Rating (out of five stars, by quarter star increments)

As in years past, I may not get a chance to post every day, so I may have a few "catch up" posts, where multiple beers are reviewed.  Cheers!

No comments: