Tuesday, December 22, 2020

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Beer: Revolution Fistmas

Beer #22 in the beer advent calendar has become a Chicago holiday classic:  Revolution's Fistmas.  It's a red winter ale brewed with ginger and orange peel.  In past years, I haven't been a big fan of this, as it's been a little too hoppy for my tastes, but either they changed the recipe this year or my tongue has changed because I like it a lot better this year than I usually do.  The nose is still hoppy -- or a little sprucey, anyway -- but i
t has more maltiness and spice than I remember.  It's a Festivus Eve miracle!

-Name:  Fistmas
-Brewery:  Revolution Brewing
-Location:  Chicago, IL
-ABV:  6.5%
-IBU:  N/A
-Good for drinking if:  You're forced to watch It's a Wonderful Life by yourself because your family is a bunch of Potters.
-Rating (out of five stars, by quarter star increments):  4.25

No comments: