Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Lemme Here a "Hoo-Ha Two Times Tuesday"

Well, it's Tuesday, which means that my life is slowing to a painful crawl, as the weekend is too far away for me to cope with rationally. Here are some random thoughts that are most likely wholly irrelevant to your life.

  • Just a reminder to submit your hilarious eavesdroppings for inclusion in Thursday's Midwestern Eavesdropping. Email them to me at gmyhblog@yahoo.com. It's pretty thin right now.
  • Thanks to Tron Wiescinski for sending me this video link of a band called Hurra Torpedo, which looks to be comprised of cunning mountain folk and Yahoo Serious in track suits, playing their rendition of Bonnie Tyler's transcendental hit "Total Eclipse of the Heart" with an electric guitar and various kitchen appliances. Yahoo appeared to be making some sort of borscht at the beginning of the video, but it must not have been to his liking. The video raises important questions about what music is, why music like this is unimportant in today's society, and why birth control is needed more tonight and needed more than ever.
  • My constant need to engage in homicidal activity on a massive scale cannot be corrected.
  • All of my wordly problems will be solved later tonight when they announce the Mega Millions numbers. Jessie and I bought not one, but two, tickets, nearly tripling our odds of winning.
  • "Hoo-Ha"
  • That's what I'm talkin' about!

2 comments:

barry allen said...

sounds like you're in the throes of a barely-restrained patrick bateman/marcus halberstam episode.

i for one feel like racing up and down dearborn foaming at the mouth, flapping my coat like a vampire, careening into tourists and then flipping the fuck out inside a tiny ethnic restaurant.

and i've just been given the chance.

GMYH said...

I do feel lethal today.