Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Mark of the Beast My Ass

Well, it's 6/6/06 and there's no rapture (at least here), proving once again that Satan can't hold a candle to Chicago. If anything, there is a noticeable lack of a demonic presence here today. Are we actually to believe that Lucifer himself is walking around the Loop? That Beelzebub is in Bronzeville? That Satan is working in the Stockyards? That the Prince of Darkness is rubbing elbows at the Palace of Fine Arts? That Belial is galavanting around Jackson Park? That Mephistopheles is mingling with the misses on the Midway? That there's some sort of Devil in the White City? Preposterous.

Due to an insano schedule and the fact that I desperately need to catch up on my bar review studying, I'll be taking a mini haitus, coming back strong on Thursday with Midwestern Eavesdropping. Plus, I have to finish Mr. 15,000's bio, which is long overdue. Just a warning to everyone: I will NOT be writing another bio until the 25,000th visitor. I can barely find enough time to drink, much less write a mindnumbingly hilarious fake biography for the 15,000th AND 20,000th visitors.

So, for the next 2 days, what I need you guys to do is overhear some funny shit and email it to me at gmyhblog@yahoo.com. I'll do my best to do the same, although I won't be emailing it to myself.

For the next few days, I'll leave you with this hilarious anecdote told by my bar review lecturer yesterday. The topic was Commercial Paper, which is actually less interesting than the title would imply. The lecturer was an unassuming, balding, fiftysomething professor. He starts out the lecture by telling us about how he has had a bad day, and it went something along the lines of this: "I woke up this morning and I hit my alarm, and the 'off' button came off in my hand. Then a little bit later, I picked up my glasses, and the right temple fell off in my hand. Then, as I was leaving my house to come here this morning, I picked up my briefcase and the handle came off in my hand. I have to go to the bathroom, but I'm afraid to go." I thought it was hilarious.

I expanded GMYH's radio stations on Pandora. In addition to GMYH Radio and Hair Band Friday, I created GMYH Blues, which, as the name implies, is a blues station. To get to any of them, I have now linked all of my Pandora stations on the right, below the "GMYH Classic" links.

No comments: