In what some might consider an upset, third-seeded Livin' On a Prayer is knocked off by sixth-seeded Sweet Child O' Mine by a 54%-46% margin. In the final quarterfinal match-up, two grunge heavyweights do battle: Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana vs. Even Flow by Pearl Jam (1991).
For Round 1 results, click here. For Round 2 results, click here.
For details on the countdown to the Best Hard Rock Anthem of Our Generation, click here.)
1. Enter Sandman by Metallica (1991) (56%)
8. Here I Go Again by Whitesnake (1987)
4. Pour Some Sugar On Me by Def Leppard (1987) (75%)
5. November Rain by Guns N' Roses (1991)
3. Livin' On a Prayer by Bon Jovi (1986)
6. Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses (1987) (54%)
2. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana (1991)
7. Even Flow by Pearl Jam (1991)