Sunday, December 14, 2008

I Am the King of Leon

As you may or may not know, I have always loved the name Leon and have championed Leon as a potential first name for a son. Jessie has always staunchly opposed the name, mostly because she hates the Spinks family. Pardon the stupid grin on my face in this picture. I was trying my best to hold back tears of joy because . . .

With this legally binding shake, Jessie agreed that if the day comes when we have a second son, I can name him Leon. Granted, at this point in time, we don't have a first child, much less a first son. But here's to hoping my boys can swim. Pull the goalie! I will not stop procreating until I have a second son.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Lionel?

Anonymous said...

I maintain that I will not be held to this agreement since it was the 7&7's speaking. Not me. I reiterate that my sons will never be named Leon.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Andrew is signed up for some future "Baby Mama Drama".

Anonymous said...

Thank God Jessie! For a moment I thought you had lost your mind. Andrew, I cannot believe you would actually take an adorable new born child, look lovingly into his eyes and say "I am going to subject you to a long life filled with taunting, teasing and really fugly chicks and name you Leon." That's just wrong. No baby making for you.

GMYH said...

The kid will be adorable no matter what his name. Ironically, Jessie also claims that she "didn't drink that much" on Saturday night. So which one is it?

Anyway, Leon will not be taunted. NFL defensive ends who are also Grammy-winning blues musicians usually don't get taunted. And they certainly don't bang fugly chicks, unless that's what they're into.

Anonymous said...

ADL-

Also, if you could concieve sometime in February, as to ensure a Scorpio child, then I could see a "King Leon the Scorpion" in our future.

Anonymous said...

The agreement is legally binding as witnesses were documented.

Have you considered Oliver for a middle name. I figure the middle name needs to be a little gay to make for the testosterone rich first Leon. Also, I would call him Ollie and he can provide me with weather reports (IT'S GONNA RAIN!!!!)

udgirl77 said...

if his middle name is oliver, then you can also say LOL, you make me lol. haha!

nevermind...jessie, just don't sign the birth certificate.

Anonymous said...

Don't you forget about our shared child Alexis... she will happen... or the first of us to have a gril will steal the name..