Monday, October 02, 2006

Not So Much

Well, I asked for it and I got it. Adam "Don't Call Me Troy" McClure took a video of part of what seemed like a completely revolutionary live band karaoke performance of "I Believe In a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness, performed last Saturday (9/23). He posted it on YouTube. It's fairly embarrassing, but I'm not afraid to share it with the world. After all, now that I've seen how bad it is, I'm going to push myself even harder. Jester, the only birthday present I want is a karaoke machine and voice lessons and a couple grand and a few CDs. Most of you will not see me for several months, as I will be self-exiled in my apartment, strengthening my diaphragm and singing for nearly 16 hours a day. I will emerge sometime in early February, unannounced. You will know the time has come when you hear a shrill wail, not unlike that of Justin Hawkins. It will be heard for miles. At that point, you shall travel by pack mule or hovercraft to Piece. And then, my friends, redemption will be my concubine.

5 comments:

Beth said...

AWEsome. I would also suggest Jessie buy you dance lessons, though, so you can do something other than pace and point at people. Otherwise...the live band sounded fantastic...and really, the falsetto was the best part.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Andrew i am NOT impressed with your showmanship. Seriously dude you need to rock out next time. Polly Pants would have been highly disapointed.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, what kind of Rocker stands around with his hand in his pocket? You look like you needed a handful of anphetamines or something to get that party started.

I hope that isn't a true glimpse of what Hair Band Fridays look like because if it is I have been worshiping a false idol.

Say it aint so Andrew say it aint so.

GMYH said...

I guess I'll amend my birthday present request to include a couple stagemanship lessons from David Lee Roth.

And as far as this insinuation that my karaoke performance is in any way related to Hair Band Friday, that hurts. Hair Band Friday is about banging random chicks who are enthralled with my legal abilities in a law office while listening to hair band music and ingesting hords of intoxicating substances. It's not about singing a song from 2003 in front of complete strangers. Frankly, I resent your inference, Anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Look, you should know better than anyone HBF is more then just a day. It is a way of life!