Friday, May 18, 2007

A-Z CDs - Day 10

82. Boston - Boston (last listen: 2-5 years) - I used to love this album back when I was in high school. In fact, according to Bohmann, I once declared that Boston was the greatest band in rock and roll history. While I was slightly off, you have probably heard every song on this album on the radio at some point in your life. After all, it was the best-selling debut album of all-time until a little band by the name of Hootie & The Blowfish came along, but there will be more about Hootie in a couple weeks.
83. David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (last listen: 0-3 months) - Great all-around album. In addition to "Ziggy Stardust" (which is one of my favorite songs of all-time) and "Suffragette City," "Soul Love," "Moonage Daydream," "Starman," and "Hang On To Yourself" are also fantastic songs.
84. David Bowie - Best of Bowie (last listen: 3 months to 1 year) - A great introduction to Bowie, spanning his chameleon-like nearly 40 years in music.
85. Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare (last listen: never) - This was one of the CDs that arrived on December 31, 1969 (i.e., today). I ordered it without listening to a single song or 30-second sample. I like it. It's a shame I won't be able to listen to it for another 10-12 weeks.
86. Boyz II Men - II (last listen: 5+ years) - Along with ABC and BBD, Boyz II Men comprised the East Coast Family. Granted, II is no Cooleyhighharmony, but it was a mega hit machine for Boyz II Men: "I'll Make Love To You," "On Bended Knee," "Water Runs Dry," "Thank You," and an a cappella cover of "Yesterday" to boot. Their songs made panties drop, or so I would assume, since I did not see so much as a single pair of panties drop in 1994. Or 1995. Or the first 9 1/2 months of 1996, and even then I don't think I actually saw them drop (because I was sobbing tears of joy), nor was I listening to Boyz II Men.
87. The Bravery - The Bravery (last listen: 3 months to 1 year)
88. James Brown - The Very Best of James Brown (last listen: 3 months to 1 year)
89. Jimmy Buffett - Songs You Know By Heart: Jimmy Buffett's Greatest Hit(s) (last listen: 2-5 years)
90. Bush - Razorblade Suitcase (last listen: never) - The guy who lived in my apartment before me couldn't leave a copy of Sixteen Stone, could he? Actually, it wasn't terrible.
91. The Byrds - Greatest Hits (last listen: 5+ years) - I never realized how many Dylan songs are on The Byrds' Greatest Hits. No matter, I suppose. It's a good album. My favorites are "So You Want to Be a Rock 'N' Roll Star," "Eight Miles High," and "My Back Pages." David Crosby's picture on the cover of the album is particularly hilarious.

No comments: