Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Retro Video of the Week: "I Can't Drive 55" by Sammy Hagar

In case you haven't already seen or heard about this, the future is here.  Remember hover boards from Back to the Future II?  Well, there is a great viral marketing campaign -- for what, we don't yet know -- going on, featuring the HUVr, an allegedly real-life hover board.  I realize these are not real, but the video showing various people (including Tony Hawk, Moby, and Terrell Owens) riding the HUVr boards is still pretty awesome.  The most terrifying thing for me is that, in the movie, the hover boards are used in 2015, so when I was watching the movie as a kid, it didn't seem impossible for there to be hover boards by 2015 because 2015 seemed so far away.  Of course, now, 25 years later, we're almost to 2015, and no hover boards.  Thanks, science.

But I digress, unlike the original Back to the Future, which was full of pop and rock songs (both new and old), there were only a few songs in Back to the Future II, one of which was Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55," a song that every single person who has ever driven on a highway can relate to.  Here's the video.

No comments: