Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I Have Nothing to Offer You

My life has been terribly boring since Lollapalooza (not that it's usually very exciting). Jessie and I grilled some pork chops and sweet corn last night and ate outside on our apartment's shared patio, prompted by her lovely suggestion (see Jessie, I do have nice things to say about you in my blog). That has been the highlight of my past 2 1/2 days. Work has been a merciless dominatrix, forcing me to do things that I'm simply not comfortable doing. I'm tired, sore, and scared, and I haven't even had time to parse through the myriad video links that Tron has sent me. Aside from death, the only thing I have to look forward to is going to a Sox game Saturday with Crazy Legs Hirst.

Please don't forget that tomorrow is Midwestern Eavesdropping. I currently have exactly 3 submissions, two of them from me (and aren't that good) and one of them from North Carolina, which is not in the Midwest (although I shall include it because the guy who submitted it is from the Lou and he's proud). Email your submissions to gmyhblog@yahoo.com. If I don't get a few more, I will be forced to postpone it until next week, making my sponsors and benefactors cranky. When they're cranky, I'm cranky. And when I'm cranky, I drink. And when I drink, I get drunk. And when I get drunk, funny shit happens. So actually, postponing doesn't seem like such a bad idea after all.

In random news, a truck in Texas carrying penguins crashed, scattering penguins all over a highway. A few of the penguins were killed when hit by automobiles or by buckshot from passing cars, followed by screams of "yeeeeeehaaaaaawwwww." The remaining penguins were recovered. Luckily none of them had flown away. Thanks to my penguin-loving wife for that link (see hon, I'm nice).

From now until clinching or mathematical elimination for the Sox and Astros, I am going to include daily AL and NL wild card standings (those teams within 5 games). I would include AL Central and NL Central standings, but I am fairly certain that the Sox and Astros will not be winning their respective divisions this year. If they get within 4 or 5 games, I may go Charles Whitman on everyone and put those standings up.

AL Wild Card
1. White Sox 66-45 --
2. Minnesota 66-46 0.5
3. Boston 65-46 1.0

NL Wild Card
1. Cincinnati 58-55 --
1. LA 58-55 --
3. Arizona 57-56 1.0
4. Philly 54-58 3.5
4. Colorado 54-58 3.5
4. Astros 54-58 3.5
7. San Fran 54-59 4.0

By the way, the NL sucks this year.

5 comments:

Jalehlabad said...

I am hoping that once I move back to the Lou at the end of the month I will have some gems to add to the Midwestern eavsdropping.

Beth said...

Those were Indianapolis penguins being transported to TX (or so I hear). So it's actually kind of sad! If they were TX penguins I'd say "fuck 'em."

Anonymous said...

i have nothing to add

Anonymous said...

The White Socks suck this year. Go Redlegs.

GMYH said...

Interesting theory, since the White Sox would be leading the NL Wild Card race by 9 games over the Reds, if the Sox played in the lesser league. I fully expect the Reds to slowly but surely find themselves out of a playoff spot by the end of the season.