Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A-Z CDs - Day 44

Quite a rollicking day of rock in the office today.
364. The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers (last listen: 0-3 months)
365. Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine (last listen: 1-2 years) - The burning monk on the front of the album should be an indication that Rage is a little different than other bands.
366. The Ramones - The Ramones (last listen: 3 months to 1 year) - With their 1976 debut, the Ramones reintroduced the world to the power chord with their back-to-the-basics three-chord (and sometimes two and maybe once in a while one) two-minute energetic songs. This version is remastered and contains eight bonus tracks. Obviously, everyone is familiar with "Blitzkrieg Bop," but this album offers tons of other Ramones classics. "Judy Is a Punk" is one of my favorite Ramones songs, probably because it's featured in The Royal Tenenbaums during the montage about Margot's promiscuity (Gwyneth Paltrow makes out WITH ANOTHER CHICK). "Today Your Love, Tomorrow the World" is just an awesome song, and that's all there is to it. Other than those two, my other favorites off the album are "Loudmouth," "53rd & 3rd," and their cover of Chris Montez's rock and roll classic, "Let's Dance."
367. The Ramones - Loud, Fast Ramones: Their Toughest Hits (last listen: 1-2 years) - This 30-song greatest hits album spans their entire career. A good compendium for someone getting into the Ramones. It's certainly what got me liking them. Plus, it (along with anything by The Ramones) is great to listen to at work because it's fast-paced and keeps you perky. My nipples are hard right now.
368. The Ramones - Smash You! Live '85 (last listen: never) - This live album came as a bonus to Loud Fast Ramones, but I've never listened to it for fear that I might literally explode, figuratively. I didn't.
369. The Ramones - Weird Tales of the Ramones (Disc 1) (last listen: 1-2 years) - Weird Tales of the Ramones is a 3-CD/1-DVD box set, complete with a 3D comic book. I like the first CD the best out of the three discs because it features their early stuff.
370. The Ramones - Weird Tales of the Ramones (Disc 2) (last listen: 1-2 years)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

please tell me somebody entered your office whilst De La Rocha hit the chorus of "Killing In the Name." please tell me this. it would mean so much.

Anonymous said...

Better yet, my boss entered my office because I was screaming along to the chorus of "Killing in the Name Of" at the top of my lungs. I had my door closed, so I don't know what the problem was.