Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A-Z CDs - Day 58

484. Andrew W.K. - I Get Wet (last listen: 1-2 years) - High-powered, energetic, anthemic (sometimes almost Meat Loaf-esque), metallic punk about partying ("It's Time to Party," "Party Hard," "Party Til You Puke") from the son of a University of Michigan law professor. Good stuff.
485. Andrew W.K. - The Wolf (last listen: 1-2 years) - Ditto ("Long Live the Party").
486. Wolfmother - Wolfmother (last listen: 3 months to 1 year) - If you like early Zeppelin or early Black Sabbath (or possibly The MC5, both on account of the music and the lead singers' 'fros), then you should like Wolfmother.
487. The Wonder Years: Music from The Emmy Award-Winning Show and Its Era (last listen: 2-5 years) - I would stab you, Joe. That's what I would do.
488. Neil Young - Decade (last listen: 5+ years) - For one reason or another, I've never really gotten into Neil Young. This 35-song double album follows Young from Buffalo Springfield through 1977 (as with the Sex Pistols' Nevermind the Bollocks, this was released the day before I was born). I've always liked "Cinnamon Girl," and "Helpless" is one of the better CSNY songs. "Down By the River" is good.
489. ZZ Top - Greatest Hits (last listen: 5+ years) - I always forget how many hits ZZ Top had: "Legs," "Sharp Dressed Man," "LaGrange," "Gimme All Your Lovin'," "Tush," "Cheap Sunglasses," and "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide," to name a few. I am also a fan of some of their lesser-known hits, such as "Pearl Necklace," "Got Me Under Pressure," and "Tube Snake Boogie."
[Thus ends the non-compilations, and tomorrow begins the compilations]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only conclude that you are deaf.

Anonymous said...

Explain